Back pain is a very common phenomenon nowadays. You are surely not the only one suffering from it. In fact as per statistics, more than four fifths of total people living in each country suffer from this type of back pain. To treat back pain effectively, it is very important to identify the right kind of pain as well the source of the pain so that the whole treatment procedure is effective and appropriate. There are some back pains which are a result of injury while other being the side effect of surgery. In fact for some other cases, it is the result of arthritis, strained muscles, a slipped disc, poor posture, sore muscles or even as a result of strenuous workout. There are many ways to relieve pain and one of the popular method is undoubtedly TENS unit which provides natural pain relief.
How does TENS unit function for back pain?
Electrotherapy usually makes use of gentle as well as non painful electric current which stimulate the nerve fibers present in the area of pain and properly block the pain signals before they can reach our brain. This is effectively done with the help of TENS unit which is a portable device which makes use of electrodes to send soft electric currents through the body. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation and it is proven to provide relief to different kinds of pains providing quick and effective relief. During this procedure of treatment, electrode patches are placed on either side of the pain area and the device is turned on and easily adjusted to the right frequency as required is the effect. When it is turned on, then the TENS unit usually sends an electric current through wires which reaches the electrodes and it feels like gentle massage on the skin.
Benefits for using TENS unit for effective back pain
Proper back pain relief can be achieved in a few ways with the help of treatment:
- The pain signals in the back of the body can be scrambled as well as prevents the pain signals from reaching the brain as result of the stimulation of the electrical current.
- The light buzzing as well as tingling sensation from the TENS unit usually provides a soothing massaging relief to the particular area of pain.
- The stimulation helps to increase the blood flow to the affected area as well as helps in promoting healing.
- During the whole process of treatment, the body effectively releases more endorphins which act natural pain killers promoting the well being of the wearer.
- TENS unit are usually lightweight and certainly do not need to plugged into an outlet and can be used throughout the day.
- They are safe for both short term as well as long term use.
- Unlike painkillers medicines prescribed, they are certainly non-addictive and usually target only the area where the pain is concentrated rather than affecting the whole body and certainly do not interfere with other types of medications.
- They usually do not have any type of side effects and there are few people who have experienced minor skin irritation from the electrodes which are sticky. But that is also very rare and can be stopped from changing the location of the electrodes frequently.
Note: Don't get any TENS unit until read our reviews and guide about best TENS unit in the martket !
>> Read more: TENS for Back Pain - Back Pain Health Center